Vyoma Linguistic Labs Foundation
This website is created, owned and managed by Vyoma Linguistic Labs Foundation (“Vyoma Labs” / “Company” / “us” / ”we”). This “Website” / “platform” / “SFH site” refers to the front-end website www.sanskritfromhome.org and the Learning Management System (“LMS”) learn.sanskritfromhome.org and includes the landing page, all links associated with the page and the learning centre or LMS and its entire associated links.
Vyoma Labs offers its e-learning services in the form of self-learning products, courses and discourses in the area of Samskrtam-Samskriti-Samskara (“Services”). Self-learning products include self-paced learning material in multimedia (audio, video, etc). Courses are e-learning courses delivered synchronous through webinars and virtual meeting platforms or asynchronous through pre-recorded audio and video content. Discourses may be audio discourses or video discourses.
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of our Services is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions of use (“Terms”).
By subscribing to or using any of our Services, you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the Terms, regardless of how you subscribe to or use the Services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms, you must not subscribe to or use our Services. These Terms and various other policies are binding as per the provisions of the Information Technology Act of 2000, and the Rules thereunder.
By using this website, you accept these Terms in full. If you disagree with these Terms or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
Our Licence to You
Subject to these Terms and all our Policies (including the course-specific eligibility requirements, and other terms), we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable licence to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain Vyoma Labs’ written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, unless expressly permitted by Vyoma Labs, and you will not share with any third-party, access information including the log-in details like username and password for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
User Conduct Policy
Whether you have enrolled for the courses on SFH site (“Courses”) or are browsing the site, once you have accessed the SFH site or Courses, you shall be considered a ‘user’ for the purpose of these Terms. You are responsible for all your activities in connection with the use of the SFH site and Courses. You hereby agree to fully comply with all applicable local, provincial, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with such use. You shall not resort to any unethical practices while using the SFH site or Courses.
Without limitation, you will not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation or other "phishing", "pharming" or "whaling" message designed or intended to obtain password, account, personal information, confidential information or private information from any user of the SFH site or any other third party whatsoever. However, if any such event does take place, Vyoma Labs shall not be liable for any loss of data or if the user’s device, computer or any other property is compromised in any manner.
You acknowledge and agree that Vyoma Labs has the right to report any and all suspicious or illegal activity to the appropriate legal authorities without notice to you.
Please also refer to our E-learning Policy, which forms a part of these Terms.
During your use of the SFH site and Courses, you shall:
- not harass other users, students, attendees, support agents or visitors;
- not create an atmosphere of disharmony, hostility within student groups;
- not cheat on any homework assignment or exams for the Courses;
- not post online any secured testing materials;
- comply with all the rules for assessment(s) for the Courses you have enrolled in, if you choose to take the assessment(s);
- notify the instructors immediately if you become aware of any other user cheating or breaching these Terms, and comply with the requirements of the specific applicable code of conduct, if any, relating directly to the Courses in which you are enrolled.
User Accounts, User Registration and Delivery of Services
In order to participate in activities on the SFH site and to sign up for the Courses, you will need to register for a personal account (“User Account”) by providing an email address and a password that is unique.
Owing to certain exceptional circumstances, if Vyoma Labs has granted you access to a Course pending payment, and Vyoma Labs does not receive payments within the stipulated time period, Vyoma Labs may, in its sole discretion, withdraw your access to the Course without giving any prior notice.
You agree that you will never divulge or share access to your User Account with any third party for any reason. You also agree that you will create, use and/or access only one User Account, and that you will not use any User Account other than your own.
In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted to enter information, including but not limited to your name and email address. Additional information may be required to confirm your identity. You understand and agree that all information provided by you is accurate, current and complete and that you will maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the SFH site and your enrolment into a Course, to the extent applicable.
Access to the Courses is restricted to attendees or students who have specifically been granted access by Vyoma Labs.
Acceptable Use Policy
Vyoma Labs’ mission is to endeavour to provide universal access to the world’s best Sanskrit and related educational content through e-learning. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users as well as academic freedom for our content providers, teachers and instructors. We also want to make sure that all of our users and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this Policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and while otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our SFH site to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any information or content that:
- Belongs to another person and in which you do not have any right;
- Is harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful or inconsistent with or contrary to the laws in force;
- Is harmful to child(ren) or affects minors in any way (please keep in mind that users who are as young as 3 (three) are enrolled in our Courses, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for young users;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- Impersonates another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- Threatens public health or safety;
- Threatens critical information infrastructure;
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities;
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We do not allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm;
- Harasses others - we encourage views and opinions about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals / organisations is prohibited;
- Spams others - do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content;
Please note that specific content offerings may have additional rules and requirements.
You also are not allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties;
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk;
- Attempt to access any other user's account;
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so;
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so;
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services;
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing;
- Use our Services to distribute malware;
- Use our Services or any functionality of the Vyoma Labs platform for anything other than for completing online Courses or for pedagogical purposes;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
- Access to certain areas of this site is restricted. Vyoma Labs reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this site, or indeed this entire site, at Vyoma Labs’ discretion.
- If Vyoma Labs provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this site or other content or Services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
- Vyoma Labs may disable your user ID and password in Vyoma Labs’ sole discretion without notice or explanation.
Disclaimer of Relationship with Teacher Institution
Nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to your participation in any Courses offered through the SFH site: (a) establishes any relationship, enrols or registers you in any institution (other than Vyoma Labs) which the teacher is associated with or may be a part of (“Teacher Institution”), or in any content offered by any Teacher institution; or (b) entitles you to use the resources of any Teacher Institution beyond participation in the Course offered through SFH site by Vyoma Labs.
Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, teachers, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and Services maintained by third parties. Vyoma Labs cannot guarantee that such third-party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. Vyoma Labs disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of, or inability to access and use, such third-party content.
Disclaimer – Statements made in the Courses
Vyoma Labs shall to some extent provide training and guidelines to the teachers of the Courses. However Vyoma Labs is not responsible for the views expressed or statements made by teachers in the Courses. Vyoma Labs disclaims any liability in relation to the views, statements and / or communications made by the teachers in the Courses.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Vyoma Labs respects the intellectual property rights of our users, third party content providers, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services and the site. We have adopted and implemented the Vyoma Labs Copyright and Trademark Policy in accordance with applicable laws of the Republic of India.
The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “Trademarks”) displayed on this site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of Vyoma Labs. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any Trademark without the prior written consent and / or licence of Vyoma Labs.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism
In compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Rules thereunder, Vyoma Labs has put in place a grievance redressal mechanism for addressing any complaints or concerns regarding the use, processing or disclosure of information provided by you or breach of these Terms.
Any complaints / concerns in this regard shall be addressed to the Grievance Redressal Officer through e-mail. Copyright owners who believe their rights have been infringed on the SFH site should contact the Grievance Redressal Officer through e-mail. Vyoma Labs is not liable for any complaints directed to any other e-mail id or officer of the Company.
Grievance Redressal Officer
Sri Venkatasubramanian P.
Designation: COO, Vyoma Labs
Please include the following details in your communication (as applicable):
- Clear identification of the information provided by you while using the SFH site;
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- The information which you believe has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorisation.
For concerns / complaints related to copyright infringement, your communication must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information for us to locate the material (e.g., URL, IP address, computer name);
- Information for us to be able to contact the complaining party (e.g., email address, phone number);
- A statement that the complaining party believes that the use of the material has not been authorised by the copyright owner or an authorized agent;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We agree not to use any of your confidential information for any purpose except to operate the site and Services in accordance with these Terms. We agree not to disclose any of your confidential information to any third party other than to our employees, teachers and consultants on a need basis, who are bound by confidentiality obligations and are required to have access to the confidential information in order to operate the site and Services. Nothing in these Terms limits our right to independently develop, acquire or market products, ideas, or businesses, without use of your confidential information. “Confidential Information” may include, solely to the extent entered into the Services or site by you:
- Technical information, know-how and other intellectual property, to the fullest extent that such information is maintained as a trade secret by you;
- Confidential marketing strategies;
- Confidential future product plans;
- Confidential financial information (including pricing); and
- Other confidential business information.
Confidential Information will not include any information that:
- Was publicly known and generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure by you;
- Becomes publicly known and generally available after disclosure by you through no action or inaction of ours;
- Is already in our possession at the time of disclosure by you;
- Is obtained by us from a third party without a breach of such third party’s obligations of confidentiality;
- Is independently developed by us without use of or reference to your confidential information;
- Is required by law to be disclosed by us.
The donations made to us are non-refundable and may be used for any of the objects / activities of Vyoma Labs, unless the donor has expressly mentioned the specific activity for which the donation has to be used.
The donations provided by the donors shall be used by Vyoma Labs for the intended course(s), if the donation has been given with that intention. If the name of course(s) is not specified while making the donation, the donation may be used for any objects / activities of Vyoma Labs or towards the corpus fund.
Donors do not have any exclusive or non-exclusive rights over any of the content of our Courses / products / websites.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that neither Vyoma Labs nor any of the Vyoma Labs’ officers, chief functionaries, governing board members, managers, employees, teachers or participants will be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your (or any third party's) use of or inability to use the site, or your placement of content on the site, or your reliance upon information obtained from or through the site, whether your claim is based in contract, tort, statutes or other laws.
In particular, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither Vyoma Labs nor any of the Vyoma Labs’ officers, chief functionaries, governing board members, managers, employees, teachers or participants will have any liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable and whether or not Vyoma Labs or any of the Vyoma Labs’ officers, chief functionaries, managers, employees or participants has / have been negligent or are otherwise at fault (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of profits, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data).
You agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify Vyoma Labs and the Vyoma Labs’ officers, chief functionaries, governing board members, managers, employees, teachers, students, participants, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, faculty, students, fellows, governing board members, agents and employees from and against any third-party claims, actions, or demands arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to your use of the site or Services, including any liability or expense arising from any and all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature.
Termination Rights; Discontinuation of Courses and Content
You agree that Vyoma Labs, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the SFH site or your participation in it, for any reason or no reason, upon notice to you. It is Vyoma Labs' policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users of the SFH site who are repeat copyright infringers. Vyoma Labs reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of any Course offered through SFH site, or to cease providing any part or all of the SFH site content or related Services, and you agree that neither Vyoma Labs nor any of the Vyoma Labs users and / or teachers will have any liability to you for such an action. If you no longer desire to participate in the SFH site, you may terminate your participation at any time. The rights granted to you hereunder will terminate upon any termination of your right to use the SFH site, but the other provisions of the Terms and Policies, as applicable, will survive any such termination.
Waiver and Severability
The failure of Vyoma Labs to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Policies shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and / or Policies of Vyoma Labs is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Policies shall remain in full force and effect.
Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
You agree that these Terms and Policies of Vyoma Labs and any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to the Terms, Policies and Services or any content or service obtained from or through the SFH site will be governed by the laws of India, excluding its conflict of laws provisions.
You agree that all such claims and disputes arising out of or relating to the Terms, Policies or Services shall be settled finally by arbitration by a sole arbitrator appointed by Vyoma Labs. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitration shall be seated in India. The place of arbitration shall be Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. The governing law of the arbitration agreement shall be Indian Law. The arbitration proceedings will be conducted in English.